Donate to Africa trip via Paypal here

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Last day at work

Today is my last day at work. It's been a long time, and a couple continents, since I was last sitting here.

(When I first quit the call center job it was unpremeditated the first time, and the second & third times they expected to call me back for another project, so there was little consciousness of departure.)

Students, today's vocabulary word is: bittersweet.

I think/hope/demand that I learned a lot there, and know there is a shit-ton left to learn...but them's're the breaks. (I'm also kinda embarrassed to have only worked there for a few months, but...yeah.) The students were a whole spectrum of groovy, but I haven't decided how much of that to put on here...and which ones might have this blog address.

The best part, bless the reality of it, was the coworkers. From the secretaries like queen bees running the place to the boss whose amiability and versatility were frankly amazing given the current of stress I suspect he swims in. The other teachers who always had a smile and kind word. The instructor coach, who I wish I'd had the chance to go get a beer with. In fact, I'd love to get a beer with any and all of those folks.

There's of course much more to say about all that, but...I gotta go to work. One more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment