Donate to Africa trip via Paypal here

Friday, April 4, 2014

Ice gets up early

I'm not a morning person. "Grab hold of your attitude" I admonish myself, and try to remember the
satisfaction of looking at the clock after a productive day and finding it's only 11:00.

That prospect was paler than the predawn light when Ben's cell phone beeped its excessively cheery tun into the stuffy air of our three-bed room at Gerði Guesthouse near Höfn, Iceland.

It didn't take long to remember where I was, and that if it was raining, I could go back to sleep. One step spanned th emodest room and the photographic shrapnel of tirpods, cases, and battery chargers in it. My sleep-soggy fingers parted the blinds to find...stillness. No rain, no falling snow, no car-tipping wind. Yet.

The rest of the morning, and a gallery of photos, are on the wordpress version of my blog, here.

Have a good, and warm, morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment