Donate to Africa trip via Paypal here

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The new fella in my life.



You can tell me the truth. That blog I wrote about the veggie pasta I cooked? It sucked, I know. I wasn’t sure what to say during this stationary interlude, and tried to talk about the adjustment of it…

But now I definitely have something to say. Because there is someone new in my life. Someone…wonderful. I am learning so much!

This individual is affectionate and loving, but without being clingy.  The one in question…he…is independent and self reliant without being aloof.  And so considerate! For example, he hardly makes any mess when he goes to the bathroom.

In fact, he usually just goes in the neighbor’s yard.

I am occasionally prone to platonic man-crushes, but this one is different in one rather significant way.

His name is Scoobie. Now hold out your hand for a moment and let him sniff you.

Good, he likes you. We can still be friends.

I am now going to try and avoid ranting about a cat for far longer than necessary. I will fail at this task. I will not regret that failure.

This is Scoobie after reading my book.


 When he has decided that I have slept enough, he walks across my chest and onto the end table. Once there he will go through my stuff, perhaps push the book around or nibble on the prayer beads I brought back from Nepal.

This is an effective method of getting me out of bed. I am glad my college roommate never tried it.

This is Scoobie interrupted during intimate grooming time.
You will now look away. You will apologize.


 This website does not do well with text, photos, and captions. If Scoobie felt like it he could design a blogging site that worked far better, but he has better things to do. (See: picture below.)
This is Scoobie stoned on catnip. You will rub his luxurious stomach. You will feel privileged to do so.


This is Scoobie laughing. It's okay to be a little afraid.

Scoobie says you may go now.Say thank you, and do not turn your back as you leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment